Croeso i Dosbarth 7!
Welcome to Class 7!
Teacher: Miss Letman & Mrs Dolan
Teacher Assistant: Mrs Mapstone
Thank you for visiting Class 7's web page! Here you'll find some information about our class.
Celts and Romans
The children will be set homework on Class Dojo on a Friday. Children can upload their work to their portfolio. Please ask the class teacher if you need support with Class Dojo.
Reading books and Guided group reading
Children will take part in weekly guided group reading sessions in class. The children will also read their own individual books. At the moment the children are not bringing home book bags. However, we still need your help in encouraging the children to read at home.
Top tips to support your child's reading
- Tell each other stories.
- Chat about the things that you have read.
- Talk about pictures in books.
- Share stories even when you don’t have a book in front of you. Why not re-tell your favourite stories?
- Bedtime is the perfect time to read together. It helps create a routine and can make going to bed something your child looks forward to.
Ask questions when you are reading together. For example:
- What do you see on this page?
- How do you think the characters feel?
- What do you think is going to happen next?
When you have finished, talk about how your child feels about the book:
- What did they like?
- What didn’t they like?
- What can they remember about what happened?
- Who was their favourite character? Why?
- Link the story to their own experiences.
- Can they remember when they did something similar? Most importantly, have fun!
In KS2 we use Dojo points and at the end of the week the dojo point champion is awarded a certificate. We also have a helpwr Heddiw certificate for children who are speaking Welsh and a VIP who is chosen at the end of the week.
You can follow us on Twitter @BadenPowellPS
Miss Letman & Mrs Dolan
Mae chwaer gyda fi ond does dim I have a sister but I do not have a
brawd gyda fi. brother.
Ydw, dw i eisiau cath. Yes, I want a cat.
Nag ydw, dw i ddim eisiau ci. No, I don’t want a dog
Mae crwban gyda Sam. Sam has a tortoise.
Does dim ceffyl gyda Sam. Sam doesn’t have a horse.
Mae’r ci yn chwarae yn y parc. The dog plays in the park.
Mae’r ci yn hoffi bwyta bisgedi. The dog likes eating biscuits.
Mae’r eliffant yn byw yn y sŵ. The elephant lives in the zoo.
Dyma Gwen y ci. Mae llygaid brown gyda Gwen. Mae clustiau mawr gyda hi. Mae Gwen yn gallu rhedeg yn gyflym.
Here is Gwen, the dog. Gwen has brown eyes. She has large ears. Gwen is able to run quickly.