Croeso i Dosbarth 7!
Welcome to Class 7!
Teachers: Miss Letman & Mrs Dolan
Thank you for visiting Class 7's web page! Here you'll find some information about our class.
Welcome to the Summer term!
Plants and animals
The children will be set homework on Class Dojo on a Friday. Children can upload their work to their portfolio and receive 5 dojos! Please ask the class teacher if you need support with Class Dojo.
Outdoor missions and P.E.
This term we have started our outdoor missions. We are focusing on creating a class garden where we can plant and grow different plants. We plan to work on the garden every Thursday.
P.E. for this term is focused on athletics. We aim to do P.E. on a Friday so can all children wear trainers to school.
Reading books and Guided group reading
Children will take part in weekly guided group reading sessions in class. The children will also read their own individual books. At the moment the children are not bringing home book bags. However, we still need your help in encouraging the children to read at home, here are websites that the children are familiar with.
Top tips to support your child's reading
- Tell each other stories.
- Chat about the things that you have read.
- Talk about pictures in books.
- Share stories even when you don’t have a book in front of you. Why not re-tell your favourite stories?
- Bedtime is the perfect time to read together. It helps create a routine and can make going to bed something your child looks forward to.
Ask questions when you are reading together. For example:
- What do you see on this page?
- How do you think the characters feel?
- What do you think is going to happen next?
When you have finished, talk about how your child feels about the book:
- What did they like?
- What didn’t they like?
- What can they remember about what happened?
- Who was their favourite character? Why?
- Link the story to their own experiences.
- Can they remember when they did something similar? Most importantly, have fun!
In KS2 we use Dojo points and at the end of the week the dojo point champion is awarded a certificate. We also have a helpwr Heddiw certificate for children who are speaking Welsh and a VIP who is chosen at the end of the week.
You can follow us on Twitter @BadenPowellPS
Miss Letman & Mrs Dolan
Our topic this term is Fi a Fy Ffrindiau (Me and My friends)
Here are the sentence patterns we will be learning.
Sut wyt ti’n teimlo? How do you feel?
Dw i’n ofnadwy achos mae coes dost gyda fi ac mae pen tost gyda fi.
I am awful because I have a bad leg and I have a bad head.
Dw i ar ben y byd achos dw i’n mynd i’r disgo. I am on top of the World because I’m going
to the disco
Dw i wedi blino achos es i i’r sinema gyda mam. I am tired because I went to the cinema
Extension Dw i’n drist achos mae pen tost gyda fi a dw i eisiau chwarae rygbi heddiw.
I am sad because I have a headache and I want to play rugby today.
Dw i’n drist achos mae pen tost gyda fi a dw i ddim yn gallu chwarae rygbi.
I am sad because I have a headache and I can’t play rugby.
Dw i ddim yn gallu chwarae rygbi achos mae pen tost gyda fi.